What we do...
- Listen to the needs and concerns of area children and youth.
- Ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
- Make sure your views are heard in the appropriate forums.
- Investigate complaints you may have about how previous situations were handled by government agencies.
- Assure you have proper access to the appropriate services.
- Continually monitor laws and policies to make sure they are not only fair to you, but that they are followed properly as well.
- Report on the availability, effectiveness, responsiveness, and relevance of child and youth services in your community.
- Act as the advocate for the rights and interests of children and youth in general.
What we do not do...
- Act as an advocate for the rights and interests of parents or adults.
- Act as legal counsel in any fashion.
If you are unsure if we are the right place to get help for you, please contact us. We'll either help you or direct you to the best place to find the answers you need.
- Ensuring the rights and interests of children and youth are protected;
- Ensuring the views of children and youth are heard and considered where those views might not otherwise be advanced;
- Ensuring children and youth have access to approved services and that complaints about these services receive appropriate attention;
- Providing information and advice to government, government agencies and communities about the availability, effectiveness, responsiveness, and relevance of services to children and youth; and
- Acting as an advocate for the rights and interests of children and youth in general.
Click here to see the Child, Youth and Senior Advocate Act